He’s the reason, this season … for the hope within us
Dear friends and family, we serve a Great King who gave us everything.
Philippians 2:6-11 … and being made in human likeness, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the Name that is above every Name.
This is our Jesus who gave His all. We love you Lord Jesus, all hail to the King.
Thanks you dear friends and family for being on this journey with us. May you be so aware of His presence with you.
Read Acts 16:11-22 and take note of the following:
- An Apostolic heart does not negotiate with God – we need to respond immediately
- We need to focus on the task (verse 11 and 12)
- We need to pray (verse 13)
- We need to identify key leaders (verse 14)
- People are drawn to the Apostolic (verse 14) – we must worship with an open heart
- The Apostolic will expose darkness (verse 16-18)
- There will be opposition to the Apostolic (verse 19-22)
Today, to learn more about the Apostolic heart, read Acts 16:1-7.
- An Apostolic heart will identify potential leaders (verses 1 – 4) and an Apostolic heart will work together as a team (verse 4).
- When the saints embrace the heart of the Apostolic, the Church is strengthened (verse 4 & 5).
- There will be growth (verse 5).
- An Apostolic heart is a going heart (verse 6)
- An Apostolic heart is open to the leading of the Holy Spirit (verse 6 & 7).
‘When nobody around you seems to measure up, it’s time to check your yardstick.’
We need to stand (fight) for the cause and not for the crowd. Don’t go after the bleating of the sheep.
An example of this is when Paul arrived back in Jerusalem to give feedback on what God had done, and people had different advice to give.
And despite Paul taking their advice (Acts 21:23 – So do what we tell you) he was arrested regardless (Acts 21:27).
We need to walk with this in our heart that we have heard from our King.
I heard the beat of a distant drum in 1972, and I am still hearing it today.
‘Don’t measure the day by the harvest – but by the seed you have sown.’ There is a day coming when we all will stand and behold the harvest, but for now we need to sow the seeds.
It is difficult to go where you don’t want to go – different cultures, different customs and different conditions – but to be there, oh the joy and the honour! We need to know that in these strange environments we serve a God who is for real.
We have a King and we have a message!
Napoleon once pointed in the direction of China and said: “There lies a sleeping giant – don’t wake them up.” Today China is like that giant waking up. The devil also pointed at Christianity and said: “There lies a sleeping giant, don’t wake them up.” If they were to embrace the Apostolic, he (the devil) will be in trouble.
When going to the nations:
- Hear from God
- Be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit
We do not go out into the nations to get the t-shirt, or because we feel we have to as others are going. We go because we are compelled by the Holy Spirit.